Senior Partners Care
Our Senior Partners Care program can help when Medicare is your only insurance
If you live in northeast MN or northwest WI, Let us Help!!!
Today’s skyrocketing health care costs may make it difficult for you to obtain the health care you need. If Medicare is your only insurance, you find that its payment does not fully cover the cost of many services. If you are not eligible for Medical Assistance and you can’t afford the cost of supplemental insurance, you need. Where do you turn to bridge the gap between Medicare’s payment and your medical bill.
Senior Partners Care, a joint program of local providers and the Minnesota Citizens Federation – Northeast, can bridge that gap for eligible people. Seniors Partners Care is designed to provide affordable health care to eligible people from participating providers. Senior Partners Care is a community service, NOT an insurance policy, and charges no monthly premium. A low annual administrative fee and membership in the Minnesota Citizens Federation – Northeast are required.
How Senior Partners Care Works
Most participating physicians, hospitals, and other providers basically agree to accept the Medicare payment as payment full in full for Medicare covered services. The health care provider voluntarily agrees to waive most deductibles, charges and co-payments in order to better serve the needs of the community
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for Senior Partners Care
- Reside in Northeast Minnesota or Northwest Wisconsin
- Be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B (65 and up, or disabled)
- Have annual income of less than 200% of the federal poverty guideline. ($22,980/single, $31,020/couple in 2013)
- Meet asset guidelines of $47,100 (one home and one car are exempt)
- Pay annual dues of $20 plus annual program fee of $35
- Be currently enrolled in an HMO.
- Be receiving Medical Assistance, unless you have a spend-down.
How To Apply or Find out More
To apply for Senior Partners Care, contact the Minnesota Citizens Federation – Northeast office in Duluth (218-727-0207), email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write or drop-in, 2110 W. First St. #102, Duluth, MN 55806.